Ubisoft confirms layoffs at Toronto studio, but insists Splinter Cell’s remake is still coming
Ubisoft has confirmed significant layoffs at its Toronto studio, but claimed that its remake of the stealth classic Splinter Cell remains in production. On Thursday, the publisher confirmed it’s laying off around 40 employees, or around 8% of workers, at Toronto, which is one of its largest studios, previously responsible for Watch Dogs: Legion and Far Cry 6. “This decision was not taken lightly and does not in any way reflect the talent, dedication, or contributions of the individuals affected,” a spokesperson told MobileSyrup. “Our priority now is to support them through this transition with comprehensive severance packages and robust career placement assistance.” Read More...
Ubisoft has confirmed significant layoffs at its Toronto studio, but claimed that its remake of the stealth classic Splinter Cell remains in production.On Thursday, the publisher confirmed it’s laying off around 40 employees, or around 8% of workers, at Toronto, which is one of its largest studios, previously responsible for Watch Dogs: Legion and Far Cry 6.
“This decision was not taken lightly and does not in any way reflect the talent, dedication, or contributions of the individuals affected,” a spokesperson told MobileSyrup. “Our priority now is to support them through this transition with comprehensive severance packages and robust career placement assistance.”
Read More...
What's Your Reaction?